Thursday, 7 February 2013

Font Analysis

I like this font as the main font for all of the headings as you need a simple font that perhaps doesn't stand out too much so that I would suit with the type of music (indie rock/singer song writer) that will be inside of the magazine, a type of music that isn't standoutish, you can see this from what you stereotypical artists form my choice of genre wear it is the same as what most people wear. I also think that the faded effect reflects that the music is perhaps a bit old school the kind of music that people used to listen to years ago before auto tune and I think this font reflects that.

I chose this as my font for the bulk of the text it will be used for all of the font that isn't the headings, I wanted a font that is fairly standard and wasn't too fancy so the it is easily readable, and as most of the texts are going to be in this font then that is an important feature. I also didn't want a font that was completely bog standard I wanted it to be a bit different, I like the fact that it is bent out a bit so that it isn't completely straight and is a bit different like the style of music.

No comments:

Post a Comment