Friday, 18 January 2013

Mojo Cover




I like the cover to this magazine because of its interesting colour scheme, the odd looking sort of florescent green goes perfectly well with the grey scale imaging. the composition of the imaging at the top with the title of the magazine and the "KINGS OF LEON" text is all instantly drawn to your eyes. I also like the way that the photo has been composed, the fact the the lead singer has been edited to be in front of the other band members and the title of the magazine I think that it makes the magazine look professional.

As much as the top bit stands out the bottom bit kind of blends in to the magazine, you still have the green writing but it has been place on top of the whiter background so as it does not stand out as much, and alot of the other text is in an off white you can see it but only when you come to read it and I think they would have done this so that the "KINGS OF LEON" stands out even more as it is such a big story they will want people to notice that more than anything, as this is likely to attract alot of people to buy the magazine. This could also be said because of the red exclusive that is written above the "KINGS OF LEON" the colour stands out alot and you notice it which is what they want and the con notations of the word exculsive, is going to make people want it as they will think that they can't get it anywhere else.

I think that the target audience for this peice wouldn't be very specific as i believe the sort of rockeyish type of music, its the sort of music that has everything from middle aged men to older teenagers listening to it. I would say though that this magazine is prodimentaly aimed at men, the not dull but not, bright gairish colours of the magazine, it is controled and to me justs looks like it would be read by a male, it could also be to do with the fact that the type of music is more suited males and from my experience is listened to more by men.

No comments:

Post a Comment