What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?
Laptops and Computers- I used laptops and computers to do virtually all of my work on, I learnt that there are a lot more technologies out there to use on these things than i thought to use in so many different ways to present your work in new and different ways, to find out new things. I used a bunch of different software and websites whilst doing my magazine and these are just a few.
-Blogger- I used blogger to put all of my work on to show people what I have been doing and how i have done it, it is a software that I had heard of before but never thought of used as I would just took it as a software for what I would of then assumed was blogging, putting your own thoughts and opinions out there for people to read and watch. I wouldn't have thought to do what we have done with it I didn't think you would be able to do so many things on it such as, put stuff from just about every other software on it, and the shear size and scale of the people that use it, like people in Russia have been reading my blog.
-Photoshop- Before doing this magazine I couldn't even put a photo in to Photoshop without breaking something, and couldn't even imagine the amount of different ways that you could edit an image, and I may have not included them in my final pieces I certainly used tried some of them out even if it was just for giggles. Removing backgrounds and imperfections from images is really useful especially when you camera skill aren't very good like mine and you can remove any annoying extra hand from the shot some background that you didn't want to be there.
-Dafont- with its huge array of fonts for any occasion that you could imagine it provides you with every font you could ever need and gave me my font for my title, contents and double page spreads headers.
-Wikipedia- provided me with the answer to any research and has the answer to just about any question you could ever think (that man kind actually has the answer to) if you look hard enough. Yes people say that it is unreliable because anyone can go on and change it but that just means that there are millions of people heads going in to the facts going on to the website and means you are more likely to find your answer, I didn't even realize simply how much you can find on this website
-Camera- useful in so many situations, but I had never been in a situation where I to think so hard when using a camera, should I put flash on should I change shutter speed, its all over my head and all of those little changes you make can turn a shot from good to great, whether it catches the little extra detail that makes the shot.
-Photography lights- light is so important when taking photos you never think about it when you are out with your mates and just taking a quick snap shot, but when you are in a studio you have to place you lights so that all of your models face it lit up which is far more difficult than you would think. Or you could use that shadow to you own advantage, for dramatic effect .
No comments:
Post a Comment